HARI OM SAI RAM
Hindu Mythology about Planet Mercury
As per Hindu mythology, there is an enmity between Moon and Mercury. However, it is not the actual truth. The planet Moon does not show any enmity with the Mercury, while Mercury maintains the enmity with Moon. Mercury is also known as “Budh” in Vedic Astrology.
Mercury is greatest among all as it bestows person with intelligence and wealth. It proves to be the source of positive thoughts in the minds of the natives. It is considered as the avatar of Vishnu. It is worshiped on Wednesday. It brings benefits and happiness in the life of a person, removes obstacles, helps one to get a progeny, profession of fertile lands etc. It rules over “Mithuna” and “Kanya” rashis. It stays approximately one month in each rashi like Sun.
In Hindu Scriptures, Mercury represents God Kesava, Narayana, Madhava . He represents Dwaitham. It is for plurality whereas Saturn denotes singularity.
Nature of Planet Mercury
Mercury is variable, convertible, feminine, effeminate, neutral and dualistic and vacillating planet. Mercury doesn’t act independently. It will always behave according to the rashi and house it sits and have PAC connections with. It is convertible because it will behave like a benefic or favourable planet for your horoscope if it is associated with the benefic factors. On the other hand, if it is gaining the aspects and conjunctions of malefics, it would become malefic for your horoscope. Its nature is Vata or Airy. Its direction is North. It gets exalted in Virgo at 15th degree and debilitated in Pisces at 15th degree.
What does Mercury signify in Vedic Astrology?
Mercury represents the intelligence and communicative ability in native’s birth chart. It rules over third house and sixth house in Kaal Purush Kundali in Vedic Astrology and is the significator of fourth house and tenth house. Fourth house is house of happiness and Mercury can do much better holding this position in horoscope. Likewise, Tenth House is house of profession and career, and again Mercury can do much better in this house as it offers good communicative ability that provides you the skills to set up your business. You can be a good counselor. Let’s understand below what it signifies:
- Body Parts & Diseases: It is a karak planet of chest, nervous system, skin, nose, navel, gall bladder, lungs, nerves, tongue, arms, face and hair. If it is afflicted by the malefics, it gives problems related to chests and muscles. The native may also suffer from typhoid, madness, seizure, paralysis, ulcers, dizziness, cholera etc.
- Physical appearance: People born under the strong influence of Mercury will be tall with well formed body. They will ever be stout. They will be of average height. Hands will be long and slender. The hair will be dark and eyes will be expressive. Their eyebrows will be curved with much hair. Voice will be thin and shrill. They will walk quickly. Just like Martians, these people will appear younger than their usual age.
Characteristics of Planet Mercury
If Mercury is placed positively in your birth chart, then it bestow you with a good health, wealth and speech. It will be very beneficial for you. It provides you good oral and writing speech, knowledge, intelligence etc. You will be able to handle more than one task at a single point of time. Let’s see below how Mercury confers good, medium and bad results:
- Strong Mercury: That means placement of Mercury in favourable sign or exaltation sign, which confers good results and strong speech to communicate yourself to others. You would have good merchant attributes inherent within you and will be impressive in conveying the messages. Mercury is the planet which makes the native intelligent, ingenious and analytical. It gives the retentive power and reproductive ability. “Mercury is the messenger of God.”
- Beneficial Mercury: It gives you subtle, political brain, intellect and excellent disputant, a logician with learning, sharp and witty, learning almost anything without a teacher and ambitious to know every science.
- Afflicted Mercury: Afflicted Mercury will not be good as one will be phrenetic. Native will be clever, cunning and mischievous anonymous petition writer. He will be always against to whom he doesn’t like. He may be gambler, worst liar, showy person, cheater, forget things and promises uttered by himself. He may be a man of moods.
What are the professions generally denoted by planet Mercury?
Being an airy planet, it is very much communicative and talkative. Hence you may be proved to be a good salesman, insurance agents, publicity officials, orators, eloquent and fast speaker with ready wit and they will be capable of learning many languages. Mercury is a chief governor for education and uncle.
Professional streams also depend on the PAC (Position-Aspect-Conjunction) connection with other influencing planets. In short, we can say that the nature of Planet Mercury in profession or career varies with the combination of Mercury with other planets. Here, we have listed below few professional fields for your better understanding based on other influencing planets:
- If Moon and Mercury are connected through PAC in your horoscope, you will be witty and reasonable. You will have a fertile imagination and fluent expressions. You will be able to learn many languages easily. Moon confers success in the fields like advertising, conversation etc.
- If Mercury and Mars are connected through PAC in your horoscope, You will be healthy, active and alert. You will show your full interest and do work with the great enthusiasm. He may have inclination towards instrumental music, mechanical or ground engineering, carving, drawing industry, factory chemistry, medicine, commerce, automobile engineering. If they occupy watery sign, they may get attached with boiler engines, Navy etc. In airy sign, you may be involved with Aircrafts, electricity department. In Fiery Sign, it indicates that you will be connected with industry, factory etc.
- If Mercury and Jupiter are connected through PAC in your horoscope, you will be clear in your thoughts, correct forethought and good judgement. You will be prudent and wise. He can be a good journalist, correspondent, copyist, writer, cashier, auditor, inspector etc. if Mars also has any connection with, it can make you the agent of a Bank, treasury Collector, Revenue Officer. You may be a good Astrologer, always predicting good results and offering mental solace to the depressed. You may indulge into editing, publishing, journalism, religion, law, bank, insurance, investment, speculation, literature, commerce, accounts, administrative department in engineering, treasury, income-tax, sales-tax etc.
- If Mercury and Venus are connected through PAC in your horoscope, you will be cheerful and mirthful. You can earn money through writing comedies, speaking on the club and society, designing and layout, pleasant journeys, arranging for picnic parties, travel agencies, clerk, cinema, drama advertisers, commerce, shipping, transport etc.
- If Mercury and Venus are connected through PAC in your horoscope, you will have steadiness, carefulness, good judgemental approach, good memory etc. you will be contemplative, practical and studious. He will have inclination to study geology, mineralogy, mathematics, banking, physics, dynamics statistics. It will give you strong will, patience and determination to fulfill his desire.
- Colour: Green represents the planet Mercury.
- Direction: North
- Number: 5 is the lucky number.
The day governed by Mercury is “Wednesday”, one may expect better results on this day itself if he is running with the Mahadasha of “Mercury The precious gemstone for planet Mercury is “Emerald”. All green stones are governed by Mercury.
Hence planet Mercury is very prominent in terms of Astrology as well as Astronomy. It represents the intelligence in humans.
Mercury rules two Moon signs , Gemini and Virgo. It is named after the Roman deity Mercury, the messenger of the Gods. And that is why, it’s the fastest among all the planets and represents day-to-day expressions, communication and coordination. It is also considered the significator of wisdom, speech and business. With the strong and favourable presence of Mercury in a person’s birth chart, she/he advances in all these domains.
However, if it is reflecting malefic results, one should follow special Budh Mantra and Remedies to appease this planet.
Mercury will transit in Leo on Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 09:16 PM in the night and remain in this sign till morning 04:23 AM on Wednesday, September 19, 2018. With its transit in Leo, communication skills of the natives will become bold and influential.
Furthermore, this transit will prove to be influential for creative work, performance as well as romantic inspiration. Apart from Leo, Mercury transit will influence other Zodiac signs as well. Take a look at below astrological predictions to know more about how it will influence all 12 Moon signs.
Planet Mercury will transit in the 5th House from your Moon sign. During this transit period, you would gain mental strength and your intellect would get enhanced. You might also meet new friends in this duration. Beginning of a new relationship is presaged. As far as children are concerned, they would enjoy all the comforts. Moreover, you might get indulged in lottery, shares or gambling. Your interest in mantras and scriptures might upswing. There would be an increase in your efforts and your interest in writing, acting, and speaking might elevate.
General Remedy: Recite Shri Vishnu Sahastranam
Planet Mercury will transit in the 4th House from your Moon sign. In this transit period, domestic harmony would prevail. Your hard work would offer favourable results in your professional life. You might change your current job and probably get a better opportunity. Moreover, you might spend money on house or household activities. Apart from this, you might look for a new house or might change the interior of the house. All in all, this transit would bring about comforts that you would enjoy with your family members.
General Remedy: Chant Mantra “Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya”.
Mercury will transit in the 3rd House from your Moon sign, which means you would put up your best efforts and your skills would get enhanced. Your communication would also strengthen and you would procure gains through it. In this transit period, health of your parents might decline, but your siblings would enjoy a good time. You would also help your siblings in their endeavors. Moreover, your spouse would witness an upswing in the social status and chances of journeys is also presaged.
General Remedy: Recite Shri Durga Saptashati Path.
Planet Mercury will transit in the 2nd House from your Moon sign. During this period, gains from abroad are presaged. Your siblings would lend a helping hand to you and might support you financially. Furthermore, your speech would improve and you would be able to influence others with your manipulative skills. Your efforts at work would also lead you to the path of success. Moreover, you need to take care of your spouse, as she/he might fall sick.
General Remedy: Donate Sabut Moong Dal on Wednesday.
Mercury will transit into your own sign, because of which your personality would improve a bit. During this period you would get recognition in the society and your social status would get enhanced. This transit of Mercury would let you to focus on yourself. You would spend money on yourself as well as you would take interest in updating yourself with current trends & scenarios. The bright part of this transit reveals that your parents would support you in your endeavors. Moreover, your siblings would also support you and would witness an upswing in your all round development.
General Remedy: Donate Sugar to a Brahmin on Wednesday.
Planet Mercury will transit in the 12th House from your Moon sign. During this transit period, you might go abroad or to a remote place for professional reasons. Your expenses would increase in this period. However, your health might becomes weak. Moreover, your spouse might also feel low, so, you need to take care of her as well. You might feel mentally stressed due to disputes or litigation. But your intellect would help you out to confront all the challenges that would come your way. It is advisable that you do not indulge yourself in unfair or illegal practices as they might result in imprisonment.
General Remedy: Recite Sri Ram Raksha Stotra.
Mercury will transit in the 11th House from your Moon sign. During this transit period, your income would definitely increase and if you are into any business, it would yield you best & favourable results. This transit would also bring about an elevation in your intellect, on the basis of which, you would procure huge profits and will make more and more efforts. You would socialise yourself and hence your friend circle would increase. Moreover, you would receive gains through media channels and other modes of communication.
General Remedy: Jaap of Budh mantra on Wednesdays.
Planet Mercury will transit in the 10th House from your Moon sign. During this period, you would focus on the diverse aspects of excelling at work. However, there may arise sudden issues that might create some problems at work. Improvement in your domestic life is presaged. Health of your father might get affected. He might also receive some gains as an out turn of this transit. You need to refrain yourself from arguments. Avoid being overconfident, as just being confident is enough to get favourable results.
General Remedy: Donate small Green Cardamom on Wednesday.
Mercury will transit in the 9th House from your Moon sign. This transit period would prove to be progressive for your life. Long journeys are predicted that would give you favourable results. You would develop new relationships with eminent people of the society and your social status would get elevated. Your interest in writing, media or higher studies may increase. Moreover, you might change your current job and this would turn out to be for your betterment. Partnership would also prove to be beneficial for you. Apart from this, you would grow with the support from your spouse.
General Remedy: Donate Sugar on Wednesdays.
Planet Mercury will transit in the 8th House from your Moon sign. During this transit period, there might arise some troubles in your life like the health of your father may decline or you may face sudden loss in your wealth. However, your interest towards occultism, mantras, sadhana, astrology would increase. Moreover, occasional debates might result in mental stress, so restrain yourself from the same. You need to watch your mouth, as the words you would utter might create some unwanted tiffs. In addition to this, you might encounter unplanned expenses.
General Remedy: Worship Lord Ganesha with utmost devotion , offering Durva .
Planet Mercury will transit in the 7th House from your Moon sign. During this transit period unexpected events might occur. Tiffs in your marital life is presaged. You need to avoid disputes as it might lead to separation. However, this transit would bring favourable outcomes for your love life as you might marry the person you are in love with. If you are into business, this period would offer you beneficial results. Moreover, in this duration you may not be able to understand your spouse or your business partner, and you may also become suspicious about them.
General Remedy: Take bath with Aparg jari, mixed water.
Mercury will transit in the 6th House from your Moon sign. In this transit period, you may get indulged in some disputes or debates, but the outcome of the same would fall in your favour. Health of your spouse might decline. You would excel at workplace and would get good results for your sincere efforts and hard work. Moreover, there might occur some issues related to property that you would have to confront. Apart from this, you need to drive carefully as chances of meeting with an accident is presaged. Your expenses may increase a bit, so you need to have a control over it.
General Remedy: Chant Budh Beej Mantra daily.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE GENERAL PREDICTIONS FOR ALL MOON SIGNS. FOR INDIVIDUAL SPECIFIC PREDICTIONS, PLEASE SEEK GUIDANCE FROM A LEARNED ASTROLOGER AS PER YOUR BIRTH CHART.
HARI OM SAI RAM