HARI OM ,
One gets “Swasth Dirgh Aayu” , if you chant these names in the morning everyday throughout life . You become rich if you chant these names in the afternoon. You can defeat your enemies if you chant these names at night.
Everyone can worship lord Hanuman. There is no difference of men-women in worship of God. Panch Mukhi Hanumanji Puja has its own mehetawa .
Pancha means Five and Mukhi means faces, so panchmukhi hanuman is a form Lord hanuman which has five different faces. Hanuman ji is an ardent devotee of Lord Rama. He is the symbol of power, energy, strength and knowledge. And, an epitome of true devotion and brahmcharya (bachelorhood).
On the occasion of Hanuman jayanti 2016, lets know more about this form of Pavanputra Hanuman – Panchmukhi Hanuman!
Origin of Panchmukhi Hanuman
Panchmukhi Hanuman is said to be originated at the time of war between Ravana and Lord Rama. During the war, Ravana took help of Ahiravan, the King of Paatal (hell).
Ahiravana appeared in the form of Vibhishana. Then, he took Shri Rama and Lakshmana to Paatal Lok. HanumanJi in order to protect them, formed a fortress with his tail and entered Paatal Lok. There he found that he had to extinguish five lamps burning in five different directions at the same time to kill Ahiravan. Then, he originated into the form of Panchmukhi Hanumana with Hanuman, Hayagriva, Narasimha, Garuda and Varaha faces. And, killed Ahiravana by extinguishing the five lamps.
Facts about Panchmukhi Hanuman
1. Panchamukhi Anjaneyaswamy Temple is constructed at Mantralayan, where Hanumanji appeared in his Panchmukhi form in front of Raghavendraswamy. Raghavendraswamy observed 12 years long penance at that place.
2. The five ways to worship Panchmukhi Hanuman are Naman, Smaran, Keerthanam, Yachanam and Arpanam. Hanumanji used to Naman, Smaran and Keerthanam of Lord Rama.
3. Lord Krishna says to Arjun in Bhagwat Geeta, “He who acts for me, who is engrossed in me, who is my devotee, who is free from attachment, he reaches me”. All these 5 qualities are enshrined in Hanumanji.
Significance of Panchmukhi Hanuman
According to texts in Hanumath Prakaranam in Sri Vidyarnavatantram, Panchmukhi Hanuman (also known as Anjaneya) has five faces (Pancha Mukha) and ten weapons.
- East facing Anjaneya grants Ishta Siddhi.
- South facing Karala Ugraveera Narasimha grants Abhista Siddhi.
- West facing Mahaveera Garuda grants Sakala Soubhagya.
- North facing Lakshmi Varaha grants Dhana Prapthi.
- Urdhva Mukha being Hayagriva grants Sarva Vidya Jaya Prapthi.
Jai Shree Ram